23 April 2004

Support our troops

In case you haven't seen it yet, this is the picture that the Pentagon doesn't want you to see: our boys* coming home in coffins draped with flags. A woman lost her job to bring you that picture.

Thanks to the Freedom of Information Act, the patriots at The Memory Hole have obtained the release of lots more pictures, but at the moment I write this it seems that their website is overloaded with requests.


* A reader dropped me a line to chide me for my use of the expression ''our boys,'' which could be read as ignoring or dismissing the sacrifices of the many American servicewomen in Iraq. Should any of my other readers need a reminder, let me point out that we have many women serving, fighting, bleeding, and dying in Iraq: nineteen dead by the best count I can find.

No comments: