An extra thought (after my earlier Captain America post) in honor of the Captain America movie: John Seavey's wonderful speculation that Steve Rogers, in being a “premature anti-fascist” must have been a red diaper baby.
- Steven Attewell at Lawyers, Guns, and Money elaborates, directly calling shenanigans on Mark Millar's misreading of Steve Rogers
- More from Attewell
- And Brian Cronin offers Ed Brubaker's response to Mark Millar
- Infamous Brad observes that this explains why Steve Rogers and Tony Stark do not get along.
- Lance Mannion says something similar looking at Age of Ultron
- “Moviebob” Chipman admires movie Cap standing up for what's right
Delicious fanfic on this subject from Idiopathic about Steve Rodgers, PR disaster and
reflections on the theme from Tumblr
- Marvel writer Kurt Busiek's tweet storm about Cap as a New Deal liberal
(And while we are here, I also have a moving little reflection from theumbrellaseller about why Stark and Banner are Science Bros.)