02 March 2006

Ebert

Roger Ebert's reviews are getting to be more entertaining than the films they describe. Recently, he noticed a hazard of being a movie reviewer.
I confess to a flagging interest in the struggle between the forces of Light and Darkness. It's like Super Sunday in a sport I do not follow, like tetherball. We're told the future of the world hangs in the balance, and then everything comes down to a handful of hung-over and desperate characters surrounded by dubious special effects. I want to hear Gabriel blow that horn.
This does not stop me from wanting to see Night Watch, of course.

And in a suprisingly positive and astonishingly funny review of Running Scared he says this ...

If you don't know what a McGuffin is, the good news is, you don't need to know.
... which is in the running for Truest Thing I Have Ever Read.

No comments: