31 December 2004

Syncreticism

Okay, I'm late, but check out these Chrismukkah cards.


In comments, my mother expresses disapproval of the cards' irreverence. Point taken, but I read the cards as a wink toward secular holiday kitch. A look at another page on the Chrismukkah website underlines this intent.

Chrismukkah is about "Frosty the Snowman," "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer," Barry Manilow singing "Jingle Bell Rock," Bing crooning "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire," Adam Sandler's "Hanukkah Song," Eggnog Lattes at Starbucks, sleigh rides, chocolate chanukah gelt, spinning the dreidel, twinkling lights and flickering candles, exchanging gifts with family and friends, and seasonal favorites like matzoh ball pizza, cranberry blintzes, curried latkes, kosher fruitcake and Manishewitz hot mulled wine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does discredit to both holidays. Was not amused.

Mom

Anonymous said...

I learned a new word when I was in Ocracoke--Hannakwanzamas.
Thread