Cracked, which has quietly been staking out a space for itself as a home for critical-thinking-based humor, has a little guide to 5 Easy Ways to Spot a B.S. News Story on the Internet.
- It's World-Changing News from Some Obscure Website
- It's From the Fucking Daily Mail (or Another U.K. Tabloid)
- It's Predicting Some Future Disaster by a Strangely Specific Date
- It's a Poll Disguised as a News Story
- It's About a Miracle Cure for Obesity, Cancer, or Clean Energy
I love that the Daily Mail gets its own line item.